The KoolR Magnum is intended for mounting through an interior wall, typically over top of the door into your wine cellar. Over-the-door installation is recommended due to ventilation clearance requirements inside the cellar (see Specs and Installation tab for more information).
Koolr Magnum cooling units need to vent to an adjacent space not to exceed 80°F. They must be installed upright and are not designed to go through the ceiling, floor, or directly to the outdoors. This is NOT a ductable unit. The visible grille on the outside of the cellar comes in an opaque white finish and can be painted according to your aesthetic preferences. Other than painting, the grill cannot be modified or obstructed in any way.
The KoolR Magnum wine cellar cooling unit has a digital temperature display and control panel on the face of the unit, outside of the wine cellar. The temperature can be set between 53 - 64°F and it can cool wine cellars up to 900 cubic feet in size, assuming R-20 insulation in the wall and R-30 insulation in the ceiling with an exterior grade, fully-sealing door. Smaller wine cellars with partial glass construction may also be suitably cooled by this unit but please request a thermal load calculation to confirm before ordering.
Please note that at this time, we are only able to ship online orders of this unit to Canadian addresses.
- Maintains a constant temperature between 53° - 64° F
- Super quiet compressor/fan
- Small in size for ease of installation through-the-wall
- Self-contained system does not require a licensed HVAC technician for installation.
- Condensate drain tube can be run into an empty wine bottle to collect potential drips. Overly humid natural environments or wine cellars with improper seals around door(s) will cause excess condensation which will mean drain tube should be connected to a drain line
- Only strips excess moisture from the air but does not add moisture. This differs from a typical air conditioning unit that will strip too much moisture from the air for proper wine cellaring conditions.
9 1/8″ H x 15 1/2″ W x 15″ D
Wall Cutout Dimensions:
15 5/8″ W x 9 3/8″ H
Outer Grill Cover Dimensions (outside of cellar):
18 1/2" W x 10 1/2" H
Note that the grill is an opaque white colour and can be spray painted to your color of choice.
115V AC / 60 Hz
Plug into a 3 prong, grounded outlet on a dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
Please note the following very important installation requirements/details:
- Unit must be installed upright with sufficient clearance for airflow on all sides (see clearance requirements)
- Do not modify the exterior grille cover in any way other than painting. Do not design and install a substitute grille cover.
- Do not attempt to build a structure of any type underneath the unit inside your wine cellar. This includes structures with openings for ventilation. The airflow of the KoolR Magnum unit has been engineered in such a way that any obstruction will negatively impact performance and could lead to icing up or failure of the unit. You cannot "hide" or "cover up" the unit inside the wine cellar in any way.
- The maximum thickness of the wall the unit mounts through can be 7". If the wall is any thicker, the vents on the side of the unit will be obstructed.
- This unit is designed to mount through an interior wall to a well-ventilated space that is at least as large as your wine cellar (if no glass and properly insulated) and much larger if your wine cellar includes glass in its construction. The ambient temperature cannot exceed 80°F.
- The power cord for the KoolR Magnum comes off the left side of the unit when standing inside your wine cellar, looking at the unit coming through the wall. Installing your electrical receptacle to the left of the unit, inside your wine cellar is recommended. Do not use an extension cord to power the unit.
Installation Resource Documents
|Installation Manual||Use and Care Guide|
|Installation Clearance Requirements|
Please note that pricing and stock varies between Canada and the US. If your delivery address is in Canada, you must order in Canadian dollars and your unit will be shipped from our Canadian warehouse. If your delivery address is in the US, you must in US dollars and your unit will be shipped from a US warehouse. Unfortunately, we cannot ship this item across the Canada/US border to address country-specific backorders or stock issues.
Update: October 5, 2022 - We are presently only able to ship this item to Canadian addresses. Please check back later if you are needing delivery to a US address.
Please note: If this unit is on backorder or subject to longer lead times, it will be noted at the top of the page, below the product title.
This product is warrantied by KoolR Products.
All KoolR Magnum wine cellar refrigeration units are warrantied for one year from date of purchase (not installation). Assuming this appliance is operated and maintained according to instructions attached to or furnished with the product, KoolR will replace the product or pay for factory specified parts and repair labor to correct defects in materials or workmanship that existed when this major appliance was purchased. Service must be provided by KoolR. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR OR REPLACE AS PROVIDED HEREIN. This limited warranty is valid only in the United States or Canada and applies only when the major appliance is used in the country in which it was purchased. Proof of original purchase date is required to obtain service under this limited warranty.